Sunday, March 05, 2006

No women, no kids. That's the rules.

So upon rewatching Leon, I have come to the startling conclusion that this may in fact be my favorite movie of all time.

How that happened, I can not say.
But alas it is true.

Sometimes the strangest things happen and we are not entirely irresponsible for these things...
It occurs to me that not everyone would be able to truly enjoy the subtle nuances of the relationships in this movie, the humor, and the simple pleasures of being a human being played out to Beethoven.

Picking out favorite movies is a bit like picking out significant others.
It's so often a crap shoot, a moment when you desperately in love with some part of something and forget everything else. But it isn't always true.
Most times the initial feeling fades and your left with nothing.
You feel silly, cheap, as if you gave something precious away.
You must live with the claim that this was the best, the one, the only.

Any favorites list is like this, whether it be music or books or movies. It is difficult and tragically final. By naming one you leave all others behind.

This is what it is for me, now in this moment I must ignore my love for all other movies.
At the moment, this is an easy task, for I have found true love...

2 Comments:

Blogger anon said...

I see what you mean. I do sometimes hate that Almost Famous and The Neverending Story seem to get left behind in the pale of my absolute favorite movie of all time: The Dark Crystal.

7:53 PM  
Blogger thinandgorgeous said...

This makes me feel guilty about Freeway.

6:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home